Wednesday, October 29, 2008

For All those who read Marcy's Newsletter re Sewing Supplies

Thank you so much for sending your comments and questions about how you can send much needed sewing supplies to me here on St. Kitts.

If you will click on "My Complete Profile" and once on that page, under my 'tree hugging' picture you see a blue link for Email. Just click and you go directly to my email and I can answer each and every one of your questions personally.

FYI, anything sent to me at my Peace Corps address I do not have to pay duty. And the cheapest form of sending packages from the States is the good ol' post office. If several go together and fill a box, then you can split, yes, the very outrageous postage charge. Sorry, but there is not way to get around this - no deal other than duty free entry on packages for Peace Corps members.

Again, many thanks for your interest in helping me help these wonderful women. I just came back from class tonight where we learned that those that work (the majority) at the small American and foreign-owned manufacturing factories here on the island are being laid-off through the end of the year. We are suggesting, hoping and helping them as much as we can in their starting up home-based sewing business to tide them over through the holidays. Almost every one is a single-mother with several children at home to cloth and feed. So your gifts will be even more useful and appreciated during this very difficult time.

ReAnn

No comments: